subclass of Widget
The ClassyTk entry has all the options and commands of the Tk entry, but
with a few extras
- optional label
- invoke command upon pressing Enter
- validate command (executed upon each change)
- a DefaultMenu can be added to
store and reselecte values easily. These default values are stored
by the Default system as type app.
Entry specific options
- Command-Line Name: -undosteps
- Database Name: undoSteps
- Database Class: UndoSteps
gives the number of possible undo steps. Default is 200.
- Command-Line Name: -papersize
- Database Name: papeSize
- Database Class: PaperSize
determines the papersize
- Command-Line Name: -changedcommand
- Database Name: changedCommand
- Database Class: ChangedCommand
command to execute upon changes made to canvas
- Command-Line Name: -selectstipple
- Database Name: selectStipple
- Database Class: SelectStipple
- Command-Line Name: -progresswindow
- Database Name: progressWindow
- Database Class: ProgressWindow
window in which progress of loading and saving can be shown; must be api compatible with
- Command-Line Name: -state
- Database Name: state
- Database Class: State
Specifies one of three states for the entry: normal,
disabled or combo. If the entry is disabled then the
value may not be changed using widget commands and
no insertion cursor will be displayed, even if the
input focus is in the widget. The combo state allows
changes using the combo list, but not by editing.
- Command-Line Name: -orient
- Database Name: orient
- Database Class: Orient
determines the position of the label relative to the entry: horizontal or vertical
- Command-Line Name: -combosize
- Database Name: comboSize
- Database Class: ComboSize
max size of list to choose from (if larger use scrollbar)
- Command-Line Name: -combopreset
- Database Name: comboPreset
- Database Class: ComboPreset
if set, the value will be executed as a command, and the result will give a number of values
that will be added to the combo list if they are not present already.
- Command-Line Name: -combo
- Database Name: combo
- Database Class: Combo
make entry into a combo box, The value of -combo can be a number, in which case it gives
the number of previous values in the entry are kept as choice, or a Tcl command. If
the value is not a number, it will be used as a Tcl command that will be executed
upon invocation of the combo button. The resulting list will be offered as choice in
the combo list.
- Command-Line Name: -default
- Database Name: default
- Database Class: Default
If not empty, a DefaultMenu will be
added to store and reselecte values of the entry easily. These
default values are stored by the Defaults system
as type app. The default option gives the key for getting and
- Command-Line Name: -label
- Database Name: label
- Database Class: Label
text to be displayed in the entry label. If this is empty, no label will bne displayed.
- Command-Line Name: -labelbackground
- Database Name: labelBackground
- Database Class: LabelBackground
background color of label
- Command-Line Name: -command
- Database Name: command
- Database Class: Command
associate a command with the entry. When the Action key (usually Enter) is pressed
in the entry, the widget will invoke a Tcl command by concatenating the given
command and the value in the entry widget. The command will be executed in global
scope. If you want to use temporary variables without poluting the global namesspace,
the Extral invoke command might interest you.
- Command-Line Name: -constraint
- Database Name: constraint
- Database Class: Constraint
the value in the entry must match the regular expression given here.
No constraint is applied when it is set to the empty string.
- Command-Line Name: -validate
- Database Name: validate
- Database Class: Validate
This is a more general method to do validation of the entered value.
the command given in the validate option will be invoked with two parameters:
the old and the new value. The command must return 0 if the new value is ok, and
1 if the new value is not ok.
- Command-Line Name: -labelwidth
- Database Name: labelWidth
- Database Class: LabelWidth
width of the label
- Command-Line Name: -warn
- Database Name: warn
- Database Class: Warn
The option -warn can be true or false. If it is false (or 0), the entry will
never contain a value not matching the constraint. It warn is true, it is possible
to enter a value not matching the constraint, but there will be visual warning.
Entry specific methods
pathname nocmdset value
set the entry to value without invoking the command associated with the entry
pathname set value
set the entry to value.
get the current contents of the entry
invoke the command associated with the entry
pathname constrain ?warn?
check whether the value matches the regular expression given by the -constraint option